We’ll be continuing a lot of our work from last year, but we’re also excited to announce a few new projects and events.
- Passage of Community Choice Aggregation: Community Choice Aggregation would provide us with the opportunity to have our default electricity source be 100% renewable without an extra cost. Here’s a 2-minute introduction to the CCA program. Learn more at the Westchester Power website and check out our views on the benefits of this program, presented to the Board of Trustees on February 21st, 2017.
- Installation of public recycling bins on our streets and in our parks
- Following up on passage of Complete Streets, with a focus on our first walking audit and a sidewalk in front of the middle and high schools
2017 Events: Please mark your calendars for the following events, and sign up for our monthly newsletter for more details:
- Saturday, May 6th: Riverkeeper Sweep – Help us clean up and beautify our village parks and river!
- Saturday, June 10th (raindate June 17th): Walking Audit – Let’s make our village safer for pedestrians and bicyclists. Join us to assess the current state of our streets and sidewalks!
If you’d like to help out with any of the above initiatives or events, please get in touch at email@example.com. Hope to see you there!